Proud to Support You
We are proud to support you. We take pride in what we build and are in it for the long term as your on-demand support team. We see ourselves as enablers for your engineering team. Operations services the engineering team, not the other way around.
|7 hours/mo||21 hours/mo||Contact Us|
|Response time: < 2 business day||Response time: < 1 business day||Contact Us|
|Contact Us||Contact Us||Contact Us|
- Should I consider support?
Our managed support subscription is optional. We believe it provides great value and you'll be happy with the results. By subscribing to a support plan, we will handle the maintenance of the infrastructure for you. You can focus on your product instead. You also get on-demand ops support when you need it. We hop into a Slack room and ssh into the servers to debug with you real time.
- Does the BoltOps stack receive updates?
Yes, updates to the stack are included with the support subscription. Improvements from the upstream BoltOps stack gets re-integrated to your stack. We leverage the experience running the stack and continuously harden the stack. This makes the support subscription very powerful.
- How often do you update security patches?
BoltOps applies the security patches upon instance launch to ensure newly provisioned instances are up to date with the latest security patches. Emergency security patches are updated as soon as possible. Critical security patches get updated within a few days. We also do a monthly assessment and update the systems appropriately.
- How often do you update the AMIs?
We leverage official AWS AMIs to take advantage of their updates. AWS typically releases AMIs twice a year, usually around March and September. AWS is also known for releasing one-off AMIs for emergency security vulnerabilities, such as HeartBleed, Shellshock, Poodle, and Ghost. We update these AMIs as they are made available.
- What type of maintenance work is performed?
The BoltOps stack is designed to be light-touch with a low maintenance surface area. The simplicity dramatically reduces debugging and maintenance needs. But there will always be work to be done. Some examples of this include:
- AMI updates - Releases of new Linux AMIs and ECS AMIs get updated.
- AWS feature releases. AWS innovates fast. For example, Aurora did not exist. Either did Application Load Balancers. We re-apply the updates that make sense.
- Security patches - We make sure that the systems have the latest security patches applied.
Or feel free to give us a call (415) 484-8839